This is the first of two Maia charts I inherited from a friend of my mom's, they were originally part of a kit but the materials had already been used. I had planned on doing them as a tapestry, using wool and going really big with it, but simplifying the pattern, but I scraped that idea.
What I decided to do instead, was making it bigger and simpler while staying with the Anchor colors listed in the chart. So I went with white Aida 11 ct, and stitched it without the 1/4 stitches, and ignored most of the back stitching. I also added 30 stitches to the width of the project, to fit the frame size I wanted.
Misaki is the first of the two Geishas, and I worked on her on and off from February 2010 to . Here's her progress over time.
|April 16th, 2010|
|April 21st, 2010|
|July 20th, 2010|
|May 6th, 2011|